Mojura 5-wick Fire Tech Fans by Flow DNA
R3,900.00 – R4,400.00
5-wick fire tech fans designed and produced by Flow DNA using a revolutionary approach to propsmithing that had never been attempted before.
These are our most popular fire fans. Light-weight, comfortable, and beautifully crafted.
After 3 years of design and beta testing, we’re finally happy to say that this is the final version.
Sold as a pair.
Please allow for 3-6 weeks for fabrication of backorders.
Mojura Fire Tech Fans, with wooden grips.
The goal of the Mojura Fire Fans range was to make fire fans that feel as comfortable and light-weight as practice fans, without metal grips that hurt your fingers, and without the need for welding, which inherently causes weak spots. The solution we came up with was machine cutting aluminium frames and compositing them into wooden grips finished in the style of a custom guitar.
This design has 5-wicks, which is generally considered the standard versatile fire tech fan wick configuration. They also have somewhat less fire than our 6-wick fire fans, and a little more than our 4-wick fire fans.
- Little Ring – 2-Finger-ish Uber-Box-Tech (Extra US-ish style, because we realised small rings don’t suck) – 38mm (1.5″) grip ring
- Small Ring – 3-Finger-ish Box-Tech (US-ish style) – 51mm (2″) grip ring
- Medium Ring – 4-Finger-ish Hybrid-Tech (South African style) – 76mm (3″) ring
- Big Ring – Full-hand Momentum-Tech (Russian-ish style) – 89mm (3.5″) ring
- All options have a padded square handle shape
CHOOSING A GRIP STYLE:
(AKA Extra-box-tech grip for USA styles)
We added these grips after realising that some extra-techy spinners really want to put their 2 fingers into smaller holes. If you’re one of those people, and you prefer to do boxy-techy things with 2 fingers, then these are the fans for you.
(AKA Box-tech grip for USA styles)
These are made to fit 3 fingers, or 2 large fingers.
If you like to perform box-techy manipulations that involve more jerky movements where you need to stall the fans at specific angles, then this is the grip for you.
(AKA Hybrid-tech grip for Jack-of-all styles)
These are made for 4 fingers, or 3 large fingers. Having more ring to hold on to is better for swinging/weaving techniques and tosses than the small-ring grips, while there is still enough flat handle space to hold onto for stalls and plane-switches. This grip is trying to be the best of both worlds.
If you prefer to spin your fans in a continuous flow, performing lots of weaves and fountains, or if you want to do a lot of tosses with your fans, then you want a nice big ring. A large hand-hole allows for wilder spinning momentum-tech movements, and is easier to catch in the air. Box-tech stalling and tutting/switching is less easy with this grip, but still possible, and the squared handle helps with that.
- 5 wicks made from 38mm (1.5″) high quality Kevlar, sewn with thread rather than screwed on, for minimal exposed metal.
- Wooden grips finished like a custom guitar for maximum comfort, using fire resistant sealants.
- Single-piece aluminium frames covered by the wood for minimal exposed metal to reduce heat radiation.
- Frames shaped with an organic petal-style aesthetic.
- Grips shaped for optimal finger placement, and layering at 90 degree increments.
- Weight balanced so the centre of mass matches with the centre of the Flow DNA logo.
- Side wicks aligned for wick balances, with the centre-of-mass directly between them.
- Middle wicks aligned directly back to the centre, for more wick-balancing goodness.
- Centre shaped for easier fishtails (careful though. The flames and metal gets hot. Wear gloves if you like fishtails)
- Flips and tosses become easier and more visually appealing with this centre-balanced design.*
- Made from engineering-quality materials. They can take a serious beating!*
- Available with coloured handles – pearlescent paint is recommended 😉 (also you can add sparkles if you’re into that sort of thing)
* While this birch plywood will not break unless you try really hard, we do not recommend juggling on harsh surfaces like bricks and concrete, as the drops may cause chips and marks on your fans.
- Weight: +/- 340g (12oz) per fan
- Width: 530mm (20.8″)
- Length: 365mm (14.37″)
- Grip material: 10mm (3/8″) aviation-grade birch plywood
- Frame material: 6mm (1/4″) aluminium
- Wicks: 38mm (1.5″) Kevlar flat wick.
Slight adjustments have been made to the design since the product photos and measurements were take, and we’ll update the details as soon as we can.
***** Very Important *****
Please do not dip your wooden handles into any fuel. It might mess up the luthiery-style finish. Use a dry cloth to clean it, if you accidentally spill on the handle.
Also please do not dip your hand-crafted custom guitars into any liquid. That would be silly.
Always use caution when playing with fire. For information on fire safety, check out this Fire Safety Guide.