How to Buy Stuff from Flow DNA
Flow DNA accepts payment via EFT, or credit/debit card payments, PayPal, and more. We are constantly working with payment providers to offer the best possible options. Some of the options are only available in certain countries. At the time of writing this, we use the following payment options:
- An EFT is the best way to pay us if you’re from South Africa because it won’t charge us any fees! If you’re local and lekker, and want us to have more money, please use this option. (not recommended for international purchases, due to SWIFT fees)
- It will show in our account in 1-2 business days (depending on your bank) and then we will start processing your order when we see the payment.
- If you need your products sooner, you can send us a proof of payment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as payment has been made.
- Our card payment options are directly linked to our website so there is no need to send a proof of payment, but they all charge us +/- 3% in fees :'(
- Yoco accepts Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- PayFast accepts Visa and Mastercard, but does not accept American Express or Diners Club cards. It also has options for Instant EFT, Mobicred (buy now pay later), Mukuru Cash, QR Codes, Store Cards, and Zapper.
- Peach Payments accepts Visa, Mastercard, InstantEFT, Scan to Pay, 1Voucher, and ZeroPay (Buy now pay later with Zero Interest!)
- Paystack accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, QR Code, and Instant EFT. It looks like they’re constantly adding options.
- PayPal charges in USD after running a currency conversion from our local currency (ZAR – South African Rand). We charge an additional 2% fee for PayPal payments, as it has higher fees for us, and getting USD converted back into ZAR also costs us fees. The conversion rate that you pay might be slightly different to what you see in Google/Yahoo.
For International Payments:
- For international orders, the best way to pay us is by card. Your card will need to be activated for international purchases, which can be arranged with your bank through online banking or contacting them via phone/email. Most banks don’t allow international purchases by default to prevent fraud.
- Hopefully by the time you read this, we’ll have options for Diners Club cards, and Apple/Google/Amazon Pay…
- PayPal is a good backup method if your card doesn’t work, although it will charge more fees.
- If you choose to pay by EFT (bank transfer/wire), we will require you to cover all the Forex/SWIFT transfer fees. If the fees are not covered, we will reject the incoming payment, which also charges fees, and then we will need you to cover those additional fees too.
How to place an order online:
- Fill up your Cart:
- Browse our online shop for a product you would like, the search bar is on the top right of our website.
- If needed, select your size/style of the product and how many you would like. Then click on “Add to Cart”.
- You can now view your cart by clicking the button at the top of the page with a shopping cart icon.
- Review your order on the cart page:
- You can use the shipping calculator to determine what it will cost for your area. Some options won’t work unless you enter your full address.
- Delivery Options:
- For South African deliveries, Fastway Couriers are the more affordable option than The Courier Guy, but sometimes The Courier Guy is faster and/or more reliable. We use DHL Express for international deliveries.
- If you are local and lekker, you have the option of “Local Pickup”, which will allow you to skip delivery, and rather pick it up from our shop, please contact us to determine when that will be.
- You can also change the shipping method on the Checkout page.
- South African orders over R2000 receive free shipping by Fastway Courier.
- *** IMPORTANT FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS ***
- Please note that there may be additional import duties charged by your country’s customs department. These fees are the responsibility of the receiver, and we don’t always know how much they may be.
- Checking Out:
- If you are happy with your cart, you can select “Proceed to checkout”. This is where you will fill out all the information we need from you (this is not shared with anyone except for the purpose of processing your order).
- Confirm your shipping method selection.
- You will see your total at the bottom of the page, select your payment method, accept our terms and conditions, and click “Place order”. This will send the order off to us for processing.
- If you are paying by EFT, you will now be on a page showing our bank details where you can deposit the money. You can also expect a confirmation email to be sent to your email address with tracking info and your invoice, which also shows our bank details.
- Other payment methods have their own pages/popups to enter card details etc.
- If all goes well, you can expect your parcel to arrive by the estimated delivery date! If you have any special delivery requests please don’t hesitate to contact us via email (email@example.com) or phone (+27 83 270 1131).