FiberFlies PixelWhip rev4 – Fibre Optic Light Prop
R1,750.00 – R2,500.00
NOTE: In order to extend the life of your fibres make sure you read the maintenance tips in the description below carefully.
Subscribe here to receive an email when it's back in stock:
The new and improved FiberFlies PixelWhip rev4 creates a multi-dimensional light show, sensually snaking and dancing across your body while simultaneously enveloping you in a cloud of playful pixie points of bright colorful light. Create swirling helixes of pure galactic magic with 40 color modes, organized into 4 different styles of 10 patterns each.
The fibres are designer cut to a variety of assorted lengths, causing a fluid swarm of lights along the entire length. We also think they used some kind of science wizardry in rev4 to create a separation of colours along the different lengths. Fibres are slick and can be intertwined and easily pulled apart with minimal snags. PixelWhip will remember the most recent color mode after being turned off.
PixelWhip rev4 features:
- Smooth swivel: design allows full 360 degree motion, creating swirling helixes of pure galactic magic!
- Screw-off fiber head for easy replacement – Either standard 80 or Mega Fiberhead 160.
- Foam handle cover for extra grip.
- Single button operation – long press to turn on, short presses to cycle thru all color modes seamlessly w/o turning off, long press to turn off and remember which mode you were last on.
- 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery.
- Includes USB battery charger and microUSB cable. Works with any USB power source!
40 total NEW amazing patterns! Now organized into 4 different style channels, each featuring 10 patterns:
- Single Colors: 1 color per mode ranging the full ROYGBIV spectrum
- Color Wipes: 2 color spectrum color wipes, including a Watermelon (pink&green) & Rainbow
- Triple Colors: 3 colors per pattern in a variety of beautiful complimentary combinations
- Pulsing Swatches: All new patterns with up to 6 colors per pattern in unique & gorgeous configurations such as Twilight and Raspberry Lime Sherbert
All fading modes are also timed to fade over 1 measure of 140BPM music, so it will naturally sync (more or less) with popular EDM beats.
Note: Avoid contact with face and eyes. This product is not intended for use by children age 14 and under.
The detachable fiberhead has a rounded bend guard that keeps your fibres resilient, and makes it easy to remove your fibre bundle for storage or to toss in your bag on the go. It is fitted with a precision radial bearing enabling smooth unhindered 360 degree rotational motion of the fibres, making all your moves flow smoother. Choose from the standard 80-fibre FiberHead, or the Mega FibreHead 160 for mass-sparkle effect.
PixelWhip uses a single 18650 protected circuit Li-Ion battery for power (battery & charger included). CAUTION: non-protected 18650 could damage your PixelWhip. If you buy extra batteries from another source, make sure they have protected circuit.
NOTE: When you 1st receive your PixelWhip, the battery may not be fully charged. To reach max capacity, it may need to charge for 8hrs or more.
PixelWhip Maintenance Tips
- get a rag and some silicone lubricant (yes, the personal kind is ideal)
- ensure it’s silicone based – not another type, as other types (such as glycerin or water based) get sticky over time
- a small amount (dime-sized) is enough
- wrap the rag with lube around the fibers and slide away from the base to lubricate the fibers.
- feel free to wipe the rag down the strands as many times as needed to clean them
Once you’ve applied the lube, comb the strands with your fingers. This helps prevent tangles and keeps fibers flowing smoothly on the body. It also helps clean off accumulated dust & grime
- Fingers work fine for this, otherwise a wide toothed comb is great too, and lubing before detangling is ideal.
- Start near the ends, in small parts
- Comb away from the handle, towards the tips with fingers
- As one untangles the ends, it’s easier to untangle closer and closer to the handle until all fibers are flowing smoothly again
- avoid tangling/pulling fibres when packing them away.
- use the original cotton bag for general storage.
- wrap the fibers around your hand to stick them in the bag. Be aware that winding fibers too tightly could make them very curly, and possibly bend them.
PixelWhips have a lifetime warranty against manufacture defects. Some fibre breakage from vigorous play is natural over the life of the product and not warrantied. For warranty service please email FiberFlies at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Flow DNA will help where possible with warranty support, however we are not able to take on the costs of shipping for a replacement.