Pocket Bridge for on-the-go use with the Flowtoys Connect App
Customize your vision and capsule 2 props, share playlists and create shows with your mobile device. All you need is a hardware “bridge” + your mobile device + your flowtoys connect props.
In stockNote: This can be backordered
- If you purchase more than we have on hand, you will see a note on the cart page.
- Send and email to email@example.com to request info on lead-times
The Flowtoys pocket bridge is designed for portability. It comes with a built-in power bank and a handy carabiner, so you can clip it onto your bag or clothing, and use your app when you’re on-the-go, at a festival, park, or out in nature.
You will need Flowtoys Vision or capsule 2.0 props and the Flowtoys App to use this.
The app is free, but you’ll need a “bridge” to connect to “flowtoys connect” props. The bridge is required to convert Bluetooth into “flowtoys connect” radio signals. One bridge is all you need to connect to an almost infinite number of props.
How do you use the pocket bridge?
The Flowtoys pocket bridge is made of a hardware “bridge” with a small USB dongle + a USB power bank + 3D-printed case with a mini carabiner.
- The button does nothing (though it may be used in future updates).
- To turn it on, plug it in by inserting the bridge in the 3D-printed case into the power bank. You’ll see a red light.
- To turn it off, unplug it. Just pull it out a little to turn it off, but leave the case mostly in place for convenient transport.
- Remove the case to charge the power bank.
- Remove the USB bridge from the case and plug it in to a wall adaptor or USB hub at home so your props can always connect to your app. Bluetooth does not penetrate walls well like WiFi does, so for better coverage, put one in each room.
- Go to the Flowtoys connect app on your mobile device to find and connect to your bridge, connect to your props, and enjoy the app!
IMPORTANT: Currently in beta, the Flowtoys connect app is a project of passion, built by flow artists and jugglers to serve our community and artform. Your prop firmware must be up-to-date for the app to work correctly. The app will be in beta for some time as we fix bugs, refine and add features.
Beta Flowtoys connect app – what is it? What is beta about it?
The Flowtoys app is a super powerful mobile app for controlling all your Flowtoys connect props, which at the moment includes podpoi and all capsule 2.0 lights and vision props. Here are some things you can do with the app:
- access all the pages and modes, adjust settings, customize and save modes
- create playlists – the app comes with default playlists and we’ll be sharing more
- create shows on a timeline
You will need to register an account in the app in order to save custom modes, playlists, create shows and share with your friends. You don’t need to register to access modes, but you do need an account to hold saved data.
- Dimensions: 135mm x 23mm
- Weight: 88g