Firegeng by Flow DNA
R4,100.00 – R5,300.00
Buugeng performance experts agree that these are arguably some of the best fire s-staffs ever made.
Designed and manufactured in South Africa.
Sold as a pair
Please note that even if they are listed as “in stock”, they are handmade items that might need up to 2 weeks to assemble and finish for you.
Over a decade of intention and design has gone into the creation of Firegeng, and we are now proud to release our public beta of this product for you to enjoy.
Since Dai Zaobab created Buugeng, many people have made fire versions of this amazing prop.
After trying various different kinds of fire s-staffs out there, Duncan wanted something better. This led him down a path of obsessive design and redesign to come up with the perfect fire s-staffs that feel at least as good to play with as the original Buugeng.
Besides being extremely durable, with a shape meticulously crafted for smooth-flowing motion, one of the things that sets these apart from other fire s-staffs on the market is the burn-time. While other fire s-staffs only have a 10mm rope wick, providing barely more than 1 minute of burn time with white gas, and maybe 2-3 minutes with paraffin, Firegeng have chunky absorbent wrapped knots which soak up a decent amount of fuel, allowing for a burn-time of 3+ minutes with white gas, or 5+ minutes with paraffin. Now you can burn your geng for the entire duration of a track on your performance playlist!
The geng blade c-shape creates optical illusions in motion. Due to the asymmetrical nature of the props, spinning in different directions creates different optical illusions. The feeling of spinning them is like “falling into” the forwards direction, or “jumping out of” the reverse direction.
Made with aviation-grade birch plywood grips composited over solid 6mm aluminium. They can take a serious beating.
Please note that new versions of prototypes may be different from the photos featured. Ask us if you would like something custom-adjusted for you.
- Machine cut and hand-finished aviation-grade birch plywood grips
- composited over precision-cut and hand-finished aluminium frames
- Hinges with super-strong magnets system on the grips for easily collapsing
- Smoothly routed handles, to encourage sliding in a loose grip
- Grips finished with eco-friendly shellac like a custom guitar
- (based on the last set that we measured… New ones may be different)
- Grip material: 10mm (0.39″) aviation-grade birch plywood
- Frame material: Single piece of solid 6mm (0.236″) engineering aluminium
- Wick length: 250mm (9.84″) for full wick (Big flame) or 130mm (5.11″) half-length wick (Half flame)
- Length in S-Shape configuration: 83cm
- Length in collapsed configuration: 44cm
- Weight: 510g per staff.
WARNING: THESE PROPS HAVE LARGE FLAMES AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED BY ADVANCED SPINNERS. IF YOU WANT LESS LARGE FLAMES, GO FOR THE HALF FLAME OPTION.
ALWAYS LEARN YOUR SAFETY FIRST, AND DON’T FORGET TO BRING A TOWEL. PLEASE DO NOT DIP THE GRIPS INTO ANY FUEL.