Coloured Flowgeng with Lattice Stripes
Proudly made by Flow DNA, a pair of the ultimate S-staffs, Flowgeng. Now with colours.
Our classic Flowgeng S-staffs, now available in a wide range of colours!
Precision-crafted in South Africa, the country where Dai Zaobab originally conceived of his Buugeng. Flowgeng is the result of 8 years of experimentation with manipulating and manufacturing s-shaped props.
Inspired by the shapes of Buugeng and other S-staffs, these are intended to be an improvement on every S-staff design that came before them, providing the perfect feeling flow experience. They are short enough to perform inside the arms, and the trailing curve is orientated to glide along a smooth path. They are also intended to be ideal for 4-geng play, where 2 s-staffs are held in each hand.
S-staffs and Buugeng are performance props designed to create optical illusions, playing on our persistence of vision to imitate motion blur (like the “rubber pencil illusion”), as if they are moving fast, but actually slow… Curves overlapping each other create interesting effects. People will be mesmerised as they watch you play with these. The unique cut-out pattern of Flowgeng creates an additional optical illusion of stripes along the path of motion.
Made from aviation grade birch plywood – Super strong. The magnet connections are flat, and the edges are rounded and smoothed to slide within your hands, which feels great. The center magnet allows for convenient folding and unfolding actions during a performance.
Includes a handmade drawstring carrying bag.
- Machine cut and hand-routed aviation-grade birch plywood shapes.
- Each staff is made of 2 pieces connected with 6 strong rare earth magnets. So a set consists of 4 pieces to create 2 staffs.
- Can be connected in different configurations, or collapsed for transport.
- Magnet in the middle of the handle for interesting configurations and explorations.
- Designed to be suitable for 4-geng manipulations (2 in each hand).
- Smoothly routed handles, to encourage sliding in a loose grip.
- Cut-out design for aesthetic illusions and opportunities for hooks, catches, and other experimental techniques.
- Lightweight for easy finger twirling.
- Finished with luthierie wood stain and eco-friendly shellac like a luthier-crafted custom guitar, in a 15-step process designed by a professional luthier.
- Length in S-Shape configuration: 83cm
- Length in collapsed configuration: 48cm
- Thickness: 9mm thick birch ply wood.
- Weight: 270g per staff.