Come Learn Flow Arts with Flow DNA!
Duncan is a qualified fitness instructor, and has been teaching a wide variety of flow arts and juggling props since 2010. Warren specialises in advanced poi spinning technique.
We love to share our passion for anything that spins, and are available for drop-in lessons at just about any reasonable time at The Flow Hub – Cape Town. (Weekdays or Saturdays)
To book a lesson, contact us.
Call or Whatsapp us on 083 270 1131
or email: email@example.com
Sometimes we also arrange special workshops. To hear about it when they happen, follow the Flow DNA Facebook page.
We also sometimes post videos of us spinning stuff on the Flow DNA Instagram channel.
R120 per person for a 1-hour lesson.
R200 per person for a 2-hour workshop.
R350 for a bundle of 4 x 1-hour lessons.
Flow Arts Lessons Include:
Most classes will have some focus on the following topics:
- Bodywork fundamentals: poi-fu (arm-spinning), footwork, posture.
- Coordination development exercises and split-brain thinking (eg: doing 2 different things with each hand).
- Rhythm, speed variation, and timing.
- Geometry theory.
- Poi fundamentals.
- Flower patterns including anti-spin and in-spin compound circle variations, and 3rd-order motions (Zan’s Diamond etc).
- Plane bending and toroids, plane switching and cubing, multi-plane spinning.
- Isolations and body tracers.
- Tosses, juggling, and contact poi.
- Meteor spinning (2-poi in one hand, or with a meteor).
- 3-poi spinning and juggling.
- 4-poi spinning.
Staff and S-Staff/Buugeng Lessons:
- Single staff fundamentals.
- Double staff fundamentals.
- Buugeng and S-Staff fundamentals.
- Buugeng and S-Staff body tracers.
- Flower patterns, isolations, and hybrids.
- Intro to contact staff, including neck rolls, conveyors, and fishtails.
- How to juggle 3 balls for the first time.
- Beginner to intermediate 3 ball juggling patterns.
- Juggle 3 clubs for the first time (If you can juggle 3 balls).
- Club spinning.
- Flower sticks fundamentals (AKA rhythm sticks, AKA juggling sticks, AKA devil sticks).
- Advanced flower sticks lessons, including compound circles and contact sticks.
- Double flower sticks fundamentals.
Hula Hooping Lessons:
- Hooping fundamentals.
- Isolations and flower patterns.
- Double mini-hoop fundamentals.
Other Introductory Level Lessons Include:
- Puppyhammer, AKA Crow-Style, AKA Oxbow Hammer
- Juggling rings